Your information is safe and secure with Ovation.
OUR COMPANY-WIDE COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every Ovation employee and staff member. Ovation does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. Ovation’s web site may contain links to other sites. Ovation does not share your personal information with those web sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies. If we are going to use your personal information differently from that stated at the time of collection, we will try to contact you via email using the most recent information we have. If you have not given us permission to communicate with you, you will not be contacted, nor will we use your personal information in a new manner.
PRIVACY SAFEGUARDS WE USE TO PROTECT YOU
Ovation safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
- Our website uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption wherever sensitive personal information is required
- Our servers are maintained in secure facilities behind the latest firewall technologies.
- The login schema utilized in the online account access we offer you utilizes the most modern and sophisticated approach to security. Access requires usernames and passwords that employ a combination of letters and numbers making the chance of unauthorized login virtually nonexistent.
- To sign-up for service or to obtain account access one must also use an SSL-enabled browser such as Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Internet Explorer. This protects the confidentiality of your personal information, and credit card or checking account information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
- Our staff is granted only limited and pertinent access to the information necessary to perform service on your account. Your data cannot be transmitted or downloaded from our system by members of our staff.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Here are some helpful tips to consider whenever handling your important information with us or anywhere else on the internet
- Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
- Don’t use the same password for different websites. This way if anyone ever gets your password they will only have it for one website.
- Never share your login information with anyone you would not want to have full access to all of your information.
- Avoid login on any public computer or computer that is not solely yours. If you must, be sure to logout when you are finished. Be sure that there are no spyware applications installed on the machine and empty all stored cookie or cache information.
- Notify us the moment you feel there has been a breach of privacy or security on your end.
WHY DO WE NEED TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In order to provide the types of services we provide to you we must collect certain necessary information in order to perform those services. We collect personal information to enroll you in our service and to provide our services for you. Once you have retained Ovation, we use you personal information to correct inaccuracies, mistakes, and misleading items on your credit reports. Additionally, we use your personal information to provide you with superior customer service, and to communicate with you regarding your case. We also use your personal information to keep you up to date on the latest service announcements, feature updates, special offers, and other information we think you would like to hear about.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE NEED TO COLLECT?
The personal information that we collect is limited to the information that you provide to us when you sign-up for and use our services. This information consists of your name, address, email address, phone number, social security number, date of birth, and billing information. Additionally, you will provide the information contained on your credits reports to Ovation in order for us to provide our service. All personal information that is provided to and maintained by Ovation is available for review and edit directly through our online Client Access Center. Additionally, you may contact us if you would like us to review and edit your personal information for you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO COLLECT?
We collect information about you at the time you sign-up for our service, and any time we enter information from your credit report into our database in order to facilitate your service, particularly for our Dispute Manager™ pages where you may continually update your information and review the status of your case. All personal information our clients provide is stored in a secure database for the sole purpose of rendering our services to you. When you browse Ovation’s web site, you are able to do so anonymously. Generally, we don’t collect personal information when you browse – not even your email address. Your browser, however, does automatically tell us the type of computer and operating system you are using.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION WE NEED TO DISCLOSE?
YOUR INFORMATION IS SAFE WITH US
Ovation will not share, sell, transfer or convey your personal information to any unaffiliated companies or third parties which are not necessary to perform our services unless you specify otherwise.